Master Visual Programming in Less Than 30 Hours
This comprehensive set of videos gives full coverage of OOP in a methodical step-by-step process.
This DVD Delphi Video series covers the Delphi programming language step-by-step, focusing on the use of Object Pascal in object-oriented programming (OOP) with Delphi (Delphi OOP) .
To quote one of our students, "Delphi must be the easiest programming language." How quickly you learn it is, of course, dependent on you. It is a very powerful language and mastering it will take time, depending on your background and experience.
Whether you are an absolute beginner or a more seasoned Delphi developer, you will benefit from this Delphi Pascal video series. It will walk you through the Object Pascal language step-by-step. You will find enough theory to build your knowledge and understanding of the Delphi programming language. And, you will learn by doing through the multiple examples built step-by-step in front of you.
Every Delphi CBT DVD includes a quiz at the end to test your Delphi and Pascal knowledge. And every Delphi DVD focuses on object-oriented programming. You will learn Delphi OOP from the ground up with an emphasis on using Delphi Pascal to build systems that are object oriented, creating re-usable code that is efficient and powerful.
Watch the First Video for Free before you buy
If you don't learn, you don't pay!
If you are unhappy with my training, I will refund your money.
Just call 678.921.0644 and tell us what we could do better.
Remember, you can order the videos one at a time if you prefer.
What do you get?
- Over 28 hours of Delphi Object Pascal training.
- With your purchase, you also get ONE YEAR of online support for all material covered in the Delphi CBT series.
- Online support means that you can email or submit questions about your training and your projects (related to the material covered) and get quick answers that you can use in your projects at no additional cost to you. This will be available for one year with your purchase, and can be renewed and expanded in scope.
What does the Delphi Pascal CBT Training Series cover?
(Note: If you want to buy individual DVDs instead of the entire set, click on the individual DVD titles.)
DVD-1 - Introduction to Delphi & Object Pascal (2.6 hours - $49.95)
- Introduction to Object Pascal and the Delphi programming language
- Overview of the Delphi IDE
- Delphi programming language rules
- Object Oriented System Design
- Understanding the object-oriented approach
- Programming Objectives and Application Design Steps
- Creating your first application
- Pascal identifiers, reserved words, keywords
- Understanding and working with variables
- Conditional statements and boolean evalations
- Detailed coverage of program components and generated files
DVD-2 - Delphi Object Pascal Data Types - Part I (3.3 hours - $79)
- Introduction to Object Pascal Data Types
- Variables, Constants, Resource Strings
- Understanding Locality and Scope
- Object Pascal Fundamental and Generic Types
- Object Pascal Predefined Types
- Ordinal Types (Integer, Character, Boolean, Enumerated & Subrange Types)
- Integer Types examined (Byte, Cardinal, Int64, Integer, LongInt, LongWord, ShortInt, SmallInt, Word)
- Real Types examined (Comp, Currency, Double, Extended, Real, Real48, Single)
- Step-by-step application example
- Understanding the logic flow
- Analyzing the workflow and the User Interface
- Adding validations to your Delphi application
- Testing your Delphi Pascal code
- Is it bug free? How to uncover hidden problems
- Debugging your application - Stepping through your code
DVD-3 - Delphi Object Pascal Data Types - Part II (4.9 hours - $99)
- Range boundaries application example
- Date and Time
- Date and Time Routines
- Calendar and Time-Tracking application example
- String Types examined (Char, AnsiChar, WideChar, ShortString, String, AnsiString, WideString)
- Working with strings
- UsingStrings application example
- Structured Types
- Working with Arrays in Delphi: Simple Arrays, Dynamic Arrays, Multi-Dimensional Arrays
- Delphi Arrays application example
- Object Pascal Record Types
- Records application example
- Object Pascal Set Types
- Sets application example
- Object Pascal File Types
- Object Pascal Pointers
- Pointers application example
- Object Pascal Variants
- Variants application example
- User-Defined Types
- Type compatibility and Typecasting
DVD-4 - Delphi Object Pascal Statements, Procedures & Functions (6.5 hours - $125)
- With Statements
- Conditional Statements (If...then...else, Case)
- Repetitive Statements - Loops (For..to, For..In, While, Repeat)
- Nested Loops, Backward Loops, Multi-Path Loops
- Passing parameters to your methods
- Step-by-step application example: Document Indexer Application - It reads a text document, parses the strings, and generates an index
- Value parameters
- Variable parameters
- Constant parameters
- Reference parameters
- Open-array parameters
- Multiple parameters
- Function Overloading
- Step-by-step application example: File Searching Application
DVD-5 - Delphi Object Pascal Classes and Objects (6 hours - $125)
- Owner vs. Parent
- Self in Delphi
- Object Pascal Classes
- Object Pascal Objects
- Dynamic Component Creation
- Scope and Visibility
- DelphiTraining Class - Using inheritance and encapsulation
- PolyHuman Class - Polymorphism in action
- Constructors and Destructors in action
- Class References
- Interfaces application example
- Object Reference Model
- Overview of the Run-Time Library
- Multiple examples to demonstrate concepts and techniques
DVD-6 - Delphi Object Pascal Exception Handling - Bugs & Debugging, Memory (5 hours - $125)
- Compile-Time Bugs
- Run-Time Bugs
- Semantic Errors
- Design Errors
- Uninitialized Variables and Objects
- Attempting to access Freed Variables and Objects
- Loops that don't start
- Loops that don't end (infinite loops)
- Loops that terminate before or after they should (off-by-one errors)
- Faulty Conditionals and nested IF statements
- Mathematical errors
- Range errors
- Stack overflow errors
- Understanding the Stack Memory and the Heap Memory
- Memory Leaks - What are they and how do you avoid them?
- Tools to help you debug your application
- Trapping exceptions and handling them in your application
- Creating custom exceptions
- Creating an error log
- Strategic Debugging - Learn to debug step-by-step
- Tips, tricks and techniques to use in your debugging
- Steps to make your program run well
- Multiple examples will be used to demonstrate the various concepts and techniques